The CHFS HF Update Trainee Research Competition was created in 2019 to recognize individuals for emerging or outstanding research in the field of heart failure.
- Only the first author of the abstract will be eligible to submit to the Research Competition.
- To be eligible, the first author must be a non-faculty member at any academic institution/medical center. Examples of eligible applicants include (but are not limited to) students, medical residents or fellows, research fellows including post-doctorate, and allied health care professionals.
- All applicants must already be or have applied for CHFS membership. Membership is free for trainees.
- Adult and pediatric, medical and surgical, clinical and basic science research is accepted. Case reports will not be accepted.
- Submissions are accepted in both English and French.
- Applicants submitting their research abstract to the HF Update Trainee Research Competition are asked to do so by completing this form.
- Abstracts that are submitted to the HF Update Trainee Research competition will be considered for video presentation at HF Update.
- Four (4) finalists will be selected based on the quality of their abstract submission.
- The finalists will be featured in a video presentation of short duration to be hosted in our virtual exhibit hall.
- The review panel will score the abstracts and select the three (3) finalists and the one (1) grand prize winner.
- Winners will be selected based upon the overall quality of the research project as presented in the abstract.
- All candidates (successful and unsuccessful) will be notified in advance of HF Update.
- A prize of $500 will be awarded to the 1st place winner and $250 to the three (3) remaining finalists
The call for submissions for the 2021 HF Update Trainee Research Competition is now closed.
Want to get notified when the call for science opens? Click here to become a CHFS member today.