The CHFS HF Update Trainee Research Competition was created in 2019 to recognize individuals for emerging or outstanding research in the field of heart failure.
- Only the first author of the abstract will be eligible to submit to the Research Competition.
- To be eligible, the first author must be a non-faculty member at any academic institution/medical center. Examples of eligible applicants include (but are not limited to) students, medical residents or fellows, research fellows including post-doctorate, and allied health care professionals.
- All applicants must already be or have applied for CHFS membership. Membership is free for trainees.
- Adult and pediatric, medical and surgical, clinical and basic science research is accepted. Case reports will not be accepted.
- Submissions are accepted in both English and French.
- Applicants submitting their research abstract to the HF Update Trainee Research Competition are asked to do so by completing this form.
- Abstracts that are submitted to the HF Update Trainee Research competition will be considered for video presentation at HF Update.
- Four (4) finalists will be selected based on the quality of their abstract submission.
- The finalists will be featured in a video presentation of short duration to be hosted in our virtual exhibit hall.
- The review panel will score the abstracts and select the three (3) finalists and the one (1) grand prize winner.
- Winners will be selected based upon the overall quality of the research project as presented in the abstract.
- All candidates (successful and unsuccessful) will be notified in advance of HF Update.
- A prize of $500 will be awarded to the 1st place winner and $250 to the three (3) remaining finalists
The call for submissions for the 2021 HF Update Trainee Research Competition is now closed.