Trainee Research Competition
Deadline extended to February 15, 2019
Call for Abstracts
The CHFS HF Update Trainee Research Competition was created to recognize individuals for emerging or outstanding
research in the field of heart failure. Applicants submitting their research abstract to the CHFS HF Update Trainee
Research Competition are asked to do so by completing this form.
- Only the first author of the abstract will be eligible to submit to the Research Competition.
- To be eligible, the first author must be a non-faculty member at any academic institution/medical center.
Examples of eligible applicants include (but are not limited to) students, medical residents or fellows,
research fellows including post-doctorate, and allied health care professionals.
- Adult and pediatric, medical and surgical, clinical and basic science research is accepted. Case reports will
not be accepted.
- All applicants must already be, or have applied for CHFS membership. This is free for trainees. Click here for
more information about membership.
- Submissions are accepted in both English or French.
- Abstracts that are submitted to the HF Update Trainee Research competition will be considered for poster
presentation at HF Update based on the quality of their abstract submission.
- Up to Three finalists may be selected for moderated poster presentation and be awarded $250 based on the
quality of their abstract submission.
- The selected grand prize winner will be awarded $500 and an oral presentation during the HF Update plenary
Competition Winners and Awards:
- A panel of judges will score the presentations, and select the 3 moderated poster finalists and the additional
grand prize winner. Winners will be selected based upon the overall quality of the research project as presented
in the abstract. Winners, moderated poster presenters and selected projects for poster display will be notified
in advance of HF Update.
- No travel funding is provided.
- A prize of $500 will be awarded to the 1st place winner and $250 to the 3 remaining finalists.
For more information, please contact the CHFS at
Submission Deadline: February 15, 2019